Medical Human Story – Episode 60] Tears Gathered in a Scar, A Promise of Life to Bloom Again_4
Search Description
A high-quality medical human story covering the causes of secondary infertility and persistent brown bleeding due to cesarean scar niches, precise diagnosis through MRI and hysterography-in-the-state (SIS), the actual surgical procedure of laparoscopic isthmoplasty, and the entire process leading to a successful pregnancy.
Part III: Reconstructing Life on a 0.1 mm Scale
Beneath the Shadowless Lamp, Where Time Stands Still
The operating room always looks the same.
But the tension within it
is never the same.
Today, it feels heavier.
Ms. Jisoo’s surgery is not a simple procedure.
This is
a process of restoring structure,
and at the same time, reconnecting a life.
The First Entry
I inserted the laparoscopic port.
The camera enters the abdominal cavity.
The internal structures appear magnified on the monitor.
And then—
I noticed immediately.
“The adhesions are more severe than expected.”
A Reality More Complex
Than Anticipated
The anterior wall of the uterus.
And the bladder covering it.
The two structures were fused together as one.
Adhesions—Another Barrier
A previous cesarean section
does not leave behind just a simple scar.
At times, it creates
a strong bond between tissues.
Fibrotic adhesion.
Unless these adhesions are removed,
it is impossible to access the diverticulum.
Dissection at 0.1 mm
I picked up the Harmonic Scalpel.
Ultrasonic energy
separates the tissue.
The Most Dangerous Zone
This area
is the most dangerous.
• Risk of bladder wall injury
• Potential for bleeding
• Limited visibility
The tissue thickness
is thinner than paper.
The Weight Carried at the
Surgeon’s Fingertips
At this moment, I always think—
that these fingertips
can change a person’s future.
Unbroken Concentration
I slow my breathing.
Eliminate any tremor in my hands.
Fix my gaze.
And then—
separate layer by layer.
One Hour of Silence
Time moves quickly,
but within me, it flows slowly.
The Structure Finally
Revealed
The bladder is separated.
Beneath it—
a thin membrane.
And behind it, a hidden space.
The Diverticulum-Its True
Form
I magnified the area.
And confirmed it.
A clearly defined niche structure.
“Now It Begins”
I spoke quietly.
Now, the real surgery begins.
Opening a Sealed Space
Using fine scissors,
I incised the apex of the diverticulum.
And What Flowed Out
A dark, reddish fluid.
A sticky viscosity.
An aged odor.
The Release of Time That
Had Been Trapped
It is not merely blood.
It is:
• Menstrual blood accumulated over the years
• Byproducts of inflammatory reactions
• The result of tissue degeneration
I Remove It
The suction device is activated.
The contaminated environment is cleared.
The space is empty.
Revealing the Interior
Now, I directly observe the inside of the diverticulum.
Diseased Tissue
The lining was degenerated.
It was not a normal structure.
Irregular, fragile, and immersed in inflammation.
The Beginning of Resection
I used a curette and scissors.
Removing the diseased tissue, one layer at a time.
There Is Only One
Criterion
Until healthy tissue appears.
The Color Changes
The dark tissue disappears,
and a bright red muscular layer is revealed.
This is the benchmark.
Now Comes Reconstruction
Half of the surgery is complete.
But the true core begins now.
The Strategy of Suturing
I do not simply stitch.
I reconstruct the structure.
The First Layer
I close the lumen.
Fine sutures.
Precise spacing.
The Second Layer
I overlap the muscle layer.
Enhancing strength.
Double-layer suturing (imbrication).
Why Double-Layer Suturing
A single layer is weak—
especially in already damaged tissue.
A double-layer structure provides:
• Distribution of pressure
• Increased strength
• Reduced risk of rupture
Final Check
I review the entire structure once again.
The Transformed State
• Indented structure → Flat wall
• Thin tissue → Thick muscular layer
• Diseased space → Healthy tissue
Minimal Bleeding
The surgery is stable.
Far cleaner than expected.
And the End
“The procedure is complete.”
I said.
The Moment the Tension
Releases
The strength leaves my hands.
My shoulders grow heavy.
And yet—
I Look Back at the Monitor
There,
is a uterus rebuilt anew.
This Is Not Just a Success
This is:
• Restoration of structure
• Recovery of function
• Renewal of possibility
I Know
That this moment
is not the end.
Recovery Room, Another
Beginning
Ms. Jisoo awakens from anesthesia.
The pain begins.
The First Question
“Doctor… did it go well?”
I answered briefly.
“It was perfect.”
Tears well up
in her eyes.
But the Real Battle Begins
Now
The surgery is over,
but recovery has begun.
Invisible Anxiety
The patient feels:
• Pain
• Bleeding
• Tension
And wonders—
“What if it failed?”
I have heard that question countless times.
And each time, I give the same answer.
Recovery Is a Process
“What are you feeling now
is a normal part of recovery.”
But It Is Hard to Believe
Because
The patient wants results,
while the body requires time.
I Check on Her Every Day
Ultrasound.
Suture integrity.
Presence of bleeding.
And I Show Her
“Take a look here.”
A firmly healed muscular layer.
Trust Is Completed When
Seen with One’s Own Eyes
Her expression changes.
Anxiety → Relief
This transformation matters.
But It Is Not Over Yet
The true outcome of this surgery
reveals itself only with time.
I Know
That this story
has not even reached its halfway point.
Part IV continues next.

Comments
Post a Comment